I've had my laptop for about two weeks now and when I go to open apps/tiles they go to the full screen icon then goes back to the start menu. The only apps that work are games(solitare & mahjong)
Welcome to the Microsoft Community. As per the problem description you are unable to open apps/tiles. Provide the following information:
· Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
· Are you using any proxy server settings?
· Do you get any error message?
I will help you with this issue. Make sure you set the screen resolution as follows:
- The minimum resolution in which Windows Store apps will run is 1024x768.
- The minimum resolution required to support all the features of Windows 8 (including multitasking with snap) is 1366x768.
I would suggest you to follow these methods.
Method 1: Follow the steps from the article.
What to do if you have problems with an app
Method 2: Perform a refresh and check.
How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC
Note: The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. You'll find a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.